Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Things of Little Importance

Today I noticed several things that I thought worthy of sharing with someone and since The Man was in a sleep-needing coma when he left for work, well I'm turning to you........except I'm saying them aloud as I type cause I have to "talk" when I talk to someone.

1. I get words mixed up alot. The other day The Man caught me three different times and automatically inserted the word I needed, in front of company. How pathetic right? Well yeah where was he when I was trying to show a co-worker that little gem of a video about "beeping Matt Damon (yes please)" on youtube. Cause I kept trying to log into mytube. Not because I want to join an adult site but because I have a vocab problem. So now my work email is getting mytube spam, even without my credit card. Opps........

(I would like to note that back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth, I took my ACTs and made a perfect score in vocab, yeah baby.......PERFECT SCORE....just not sure WTF has happened to me since, oh wait, I had kids. That must be it)

2. When you are aggravated at someone, unless you just come out and say it, they won't figure it out. A guy at work in the next cubicle is a horrible ease dropper. Whether it's my phone calls or even chats with a coworker, he will leave his cubicle to come interrupt our convo and get involved. I tried the passive aggressive stuff for a couple of days, but today I snapped and just pointed back to his desk and told him to "go sit your stupid butt down and shut up". Funny, now he's mad at me. Huh? I need to work on subtle.

3. While sitting in my car at a redlight, I was patiently waiting my turn to go through when I tossed out my finished up ciggie (hello, no kids in my car, see good mom!) and the person next to me in the turn lane got the scrunched up "better than you" face and just shook her head. Why couldn't I have blown her a kiss? You know, just not let it bother me? Oh no, I grin and flip her off. I swear, I'm no better than a backwoods hick sometimes. (Casey you better not be laughing at me right now)

4. Speaking of backwoods, news from home is that my sister has written a book. The importance of this just hit me today. Holy cow, she's way younger and I almost want to call and remind her that I can totally kick her arse if I'm represented in her book in any way. On the other hand, I hope the rest of the family is well represented and she makes a killing.

5. In a meeting at work, we're all hunched over a very badly done spreadsheet of a company that obviously doesn't A: have Quickbooks or B: want the IRS to be able to easily follow the money when one of my boss' notes that the woman in charge of the company regularly refers to this one employee as a ****head (see me keeping it clean?). I was totally ticked off when the other guy says well "not every woman can be a lady"...........Excuse me? Just because I have gutter mouth or gutter thoughts, does that not make me a lady? I wear pearls! I'm a lady.....right?

6. The Man has spent more on bullets this month than I've spent on anything. This bothers me.

7. I'm so stressed out that I'm taking Tylenol PM to sleep. Hopefully this will all be put to rest by the middle of next week. Pray for me, cross your fingers.......I'm hoping for some relief here. Oh and I'm still a lady right?

8. Is the card on the right for the "crabs" just too tasteless for my blog? Cause I personally want to send that out to like three people I know but I'm trying to be a lady here.....