Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Nervous Nellie

There are three things in this world that I want more than anything.......

1. My first real house, as in my mortgage

2. My hubs to finish his degree so I can return to school full time

3. A really great haircut

The first two are in progress. I've begun the impossible process of trying to figure out the whole mortgage thing for our first house. We're still trying to decide when we actually want to jump in the water though, sorry everyone, but watching those house prices march down is quite the high for me these days. The hubs is going back to school using his VA money, woohoo, and is on track for his degree.....

Now all that is left is a great haircut. I've had long hair for years. Straight with no real umph to it. Now, this is always a problem but I'm also the most gutless person you'll ever meet.......in most cases........okay, only gutless with the whole hair thing......cause I have no problem speaking out, ask my cubicle co-worker who just this morning I threatened to get up, walk over, snatch that stupid sippy cup looking water bottle away from him and toss it out the office window into the parking lot below. The point was........I was not kidding in the least. I was quite serious that it was either stop the slurping or I was going to kill him and remove the bottle from my planet. See I'm not a shy person and have no problem with gutsy, except when it comes to my appearance.

What the hell is wrong with me? It's hair, not the cure for cancer......it'll grow back. So I sucked it up and made myself an appointment for Thursday, gonna get me a cute chic mom cut.....so Princess will quit gripping that I don't look old enough to be her mom, cause baby, I surely am...being over 30 is not pleasant and has done nothing to improve my disposistion. I'm just a bigger B than I was before 30.

So I would love some suggestions.........I would love some samples of great mom cuts......I would love any opinions except mean ones, then I'll have to come over and toss your water bottle out of the window........