Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Family that Shoots Together......

So this morning I'm reading my morning email and sipping my first Dr. Pepper, thanks to The Man who drank it all and left me in a house with none...when I notice that The Man sent me pictures from work. Turns out it was pics from when our family went shooting with another couple we know. It was this past fall before the snow blanketed everything.......and I just love them.

See this is how rednecks spend quality family time together......
We all get up and throw something on and get out there while the dew is still glistening on the grass. We carry lots of drinks, a few lawn chairs and lots of earplugs...........as the girls are forever losing theirs. Big plugs, little ears......

If you're me, then you are still in your pjs with a sporty cap thrown in for fun. Look at the big ole bear hug I'm getting. Mainly I believe it was because I was threatening to shoot him if he didn't get better aim with the clays we were target shooting. He develops bad aim whenever it's my turn. I rock at clays and this is a sore point for him. Even though without my glasses I'm blind as a bat, I can still hone in on those bad boys. Or it could have been that I'm just such a hot shooting wife that he needed a hug, let's just go with that one.

Here's Duchess, she was assigned the task of guarding the drinks. She takes this job very seriously. She mean mugs anyone stupid enough to get close to them at all, cause they are to be saved, not wasted you silly thirsty person. Now stand back.......cause you know I'm a left handed shooter you know.

Princess is such a stud. This kid is truly the girl that will drive the boys nuts in high school. I preparing myself for this now. She's the shooting, hunting, primping, ballerina who wants to drive a 4x4 truck that she will work on herself. Damn.....that's just hot.
This is why I love my family though.........we're honest goodworking rednecks who just enjoy our life. And hate our HOA, god bless America.