Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, February 23, 2008

Productive

Life is getting pretty dang sweet around here.

We are almost back to normal, everyone is still on a litle medication but hey medication is good for you. At least that is what I tell my girlfriend who can't live without hers.

The Man and I have decided that the best way to get settled again to to start a new routine. So here we go. Last night we took the kids out to eat. Now for us, this usually means a last minute drive through, but no.

We actually took them to a sit down restuarant. Joe's Crabshack. This is reaching for us. But I am pleased to announce that no kid ate off the floor, no one threw a fit, we all had plenty to eat and I tried claims for the first time. True, I spent an hour in the bathroom at home afterwards, cause my tummy and me, we don't like new foods. But I'm reaching, I'm extending. And you really wanted to know that huh? The bathroom part, I get that.

We've decided that to encourage those lady mannerism we're gonna stretch the kids' a little and eat out somewhere different, i.e. not out of a window, twice a month. I'm all excited about this idea. This is fairly novel for us.

But today after cleaning the last germs out of my house, I realized that I have to start seriously going through my house stuff soon. If we're to be first time homebuyers this summer, I'll need to seriously pare down the amount of utter sh*t I own. And it's alot. Now as former military I will admit freely that we copiously throw away lbs and lbs of crap every time we moved, wouldn't want to be over that nasty weight limit thing you know. But now that we are setttled in civilian life for exactly a year, I've noticed that we have alot of crap that still sits in storage boxes.

If it's been in a box for a year and I haven't used it, do I really need it?

Probably not. Which is why the one box I went through tonight was like Christmas. Oh, I love this, where has this been (oh yeah, never mind), this is great. Oh I know just where to put this....

This is probably not the way to properly purge my stuff. So the next box, I just tossed. Box and all. Then the next box, it actually got easier. Till I ran across my shampoo-er at the back of the storage room. Aha! That is where the bad boy was hiding.

Perfect. Cause my floor is looking drab and I have a mystery stain. Perfect. So I grabbed the clorox and was gonna clean it up real quick and make said stain so away. Until I opened the tank where the nasty stuff goes. OH SHIT, somebody forgot to clean it out when they put it away. So it's gross and mildewed and moldy and nasty.

This is where I took my newfound attitude and just tossed it all in the garbage. Then I sent The Man a little note at work letting him know it was time for a new shampoo-er. Just when you think you're being all good and not wasting anything, you end up needing a new shampoo-er.

It's so depressing that I've decided to just wait on purging the rest of the storage room.

I'm gonna go read a book in my bathtub instead.....cause that is productive........