Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, February 7, 2008

Grace

In my head, I'm a classy, graceful southern lady who just happens to live in the mountains of the west. When faced with the reality of what and who I am, I'm boggled. Really, my flaber is agast. Like when I think I'm looking total hot and then someone takes a picture and I'm like "who it hell is that poor idiot" oh yeah, it's me.

So I had one of those moments the other day at work. Technically I was on my lunch break. See, The Man and I have lunch together every Wednesday. It's our thing, we meet up somewhere and coo at each other. Actually we just get a chance to say the things that we haven't had time to talk about during the rest of the week. Work, bills, plans, pass out receipts. Things like that. Important stuff.

So since it was another freaking blizzard, we decided to meet up at this little place down the road from my work. He's sweet like that. So I get there and we're parking near one another so we walk in hand in hand, in the blizzard. As we're standing in line chatting, he looks behind us and tells me that my entire office is in line. Oh yeah, looks like everyone I work with had the same idea as us. So we smile and wave and keep our superior place in line and enjoy our lunch.

Afterwards, I notice that my work crew has secured the long table near the front windows of this charming little place. So waving we head out. Me back to work and him back to sleep, poor baby. When bam, it happened. As soon as we step out from under the overhang, the blizzard swirling around us, I screwed the pooch....... "Wow, it's slippery, hold my " never got to say hand, cause I went down an inch from The Man in a very ungraceful heap of swirling coat, amazing green purse, black high heels and red hair. It was not pretty. Several people offered help, but since my face was as red as my hair, The Man waved them off, promptly picked me up and made sure I made it safely to my car, with a death grip on me.

Several hot arse baths, a heating pad and some meds left from my last dental dance, and I'm not feeling it quite as bad. Although my back is sore.

Do you ever wonder what people think when they look at you? Do you ever wonder what your spouse or co-worker really thinks of you?

I don't. I really don't care to know. Cause I'm a classy, graceful Southern lady damnit......whose gonna go crank up her heating pad.