Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Usual

Saturdays are usually really busy days for us. Except now that fall soccer is over, we have gotten a little break in the action, until Princess' Nutcracker practices geared up strong. So now we are up and moving on Saturday mornings getting her to and from practice....

So we got up and headed out this morning, but Duchess missed her breakfast....so after dropping off P we stopped for reinforcements....watermelon slushie and powered donuts (my parents skills are awesome huh?) This is what happens when you allow the kid to pick out her own breakfast, not sure what I was thinking but it wasn't of the dental bills.


So when I asked what she wanted as I filled up my Big Gulp of Dr. Pepper, she replied, "the usual"....I thought only old people had an usual..you know the ones who go to the same place to eat for years and only order the same thing, hence "the usual". Apparently I was wrong....I was informed that this is now her "usual", no more FOX news in the morning for Duchess, her vocab is really expanding too quickly, when she used the word propaganda the other day should have been my first clue that perhaps Dora is a better morning program...

So when we stopped in the store to grab some cold cuts for lunch, I met this......now why didn't I realize that powered donuts meant lots of white powder? Obviously I'm not getting enough sleep, as my powers of observation are waning...
So Mims tries to assist Duchess in clean up, cause I was giggling and doing my best to get pictures, this is important, to preserve moments like this for high school humiliation.....senior yearbook style...

Meanwhile Princess was getting her ballet on.....they are so cute doing their full circle act. They are really working on the full play now, she is a hoot.



Duchess wasn't one for ballet, as she took one class and refused to go back "cause it's too slow" and they wouldn't play Toby Keith, just old music.....so she tumbles. But this doesn't stop her from wanting to stand at the front window and stalk her sister...

Proof...she, she stalks......


And stalks.... but isn't she getting better at the whole dressing herself thing? I find that it's quite fun to see what she'll come out wearing. I'm a firm believer in expressing your own style...hence why I have no style.....
So after we danced, shopped and stalked we all headed home for lunch.....when asked what she wanted for a sandwich, she thought for a minute and told me "the usual".....
Babies are cute but when they learn to talk back with some sass, that's parenting...