Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, May 19, 2007

Sweet Freedom

Well yesterday was a good day. I managed to leave my long time temp job with The Man's company with no burnt, crispy bridges....okay, a few were singed but I'll sleep okay with that. I think that came down to two type A personalities with the same job and career ladder.
So I got a send off with a cake, sorry had to cover my real name ;) but you get the idea. It's been wonderful. I actually left work early. Me, I left early. This is a big occassion as I'm very serious minded about work. So I left at 2 and came home to have a lovely nap. ( I nap often, I wonder if this is why I can't seem to actually exercise, at all ) So needless to say, I start my new permanent job on Monday. Very excited and a little nervous, but that is good. I should be nervous. Otherwise I'd be dead.

So the Royal household took me out to eat.

My lovely Princess, who refused to show teeth at all, all night. She dressed up for the big occassion, she was the snappiest one of the bunch! Plus she ate more than me at our favorite buffet, hence the big ole bowl of ice cream!

Duchess was her usual rowdy self, probably leading other people to believe that we never actually take her out of the house. But she too warranted ice cream. I love her little na-na smile. As I got no ice cream.

Oh, there is a rare sighting (on film) of the very elusive but wonderful step-dad. Who mumbled out the side of his mouth, immediately following this....I hate pictures, do not take my picture. I refuse to listen though so I took multiple shots. I am a horrible step-daughter. But I clean the kitchen after he cooks so that helps, right?

And people, this is My Mommy. The one person who has been with me forever (duh, literally) and who always thinks I'm the BEST, no matter how much I embarrass everyone else around me, she is the one applauding me! I love her. And I love her nails....I can't keep my that long, I would take out an eye.
The Man was starving and simply wouldn't stay in his seat long enough for a picture. But he was quite full and happy on the way home. :)