Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, May 7, 2007

What the Hell....

Why oh why do I have to be so loyal?

This is a huge problem tonight. I had the opportunity to apply for a full time perm position in a different department at my work, where I am a freaking temp.

Did I?

No, I buckled to the pressure of....loyalty.

I don't want to burn bridges and my sups have said that within the next quarter several positions will be coming open. This is the carrot they dangled. Oh but do what is best for me. And they truly meant it, you could tell.

But I passed.

And it is all I can think about.

I want to at least try.

But I've gone back and forth over why I shouldn't and I have convinced myself that it is best for me to be loyal and wait.

I've prayed and I thought it was right to wait.

So why can't I stop thinking about it.......

And why did I get online and apply for another position somewhere else?

I have no willpower.