Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, May 31, 2007

Redneck Parenting 101

Upon planning our move to Utah, we dreamed of all the outdoorsy things we could share with our girls. Although you can't tell it now, we were once very athletic people. While dating, we did rodeo, hiking, fishing and shooting skeet. We love the outdoors, but the Navy isn't really conducive to such a life when you are surrounded my people and living like rats in a jar. However Utah? Utah rocks.
I came home from work to dinner on the table and the house cleaned. The guns were oiled and ready, the kids were dressed and ready. I got dressed and ready. We're off.
The Man started us off with a good show. Dang ya'll it's been a long time since I've seen that man handle a gun. Yeah baby.

Then Duchess got interested. Please note that everyone wore big ole white ear plugs, we are safety conscience here! Being that Duchess is a lefty, we had to alter our shooting habits. But The Man got very involved and before I could bite off two nails over my baby's first shot, she hit a target. Holy cow! That is my girl! Okay, The Man has something to do with it too.

Then Princess gets involved with her BB Gun. Cause she's a sharp one, she's been working on that baby since she got it, when she was six. We start them early. More on that later...

But then Princess moved up to the 12 guage. Cause she rocks like that ya'll. The Man was breaking down some instructions before she got busy.

Then Duchess has to come back for more. She got the .22 magnum out and tore up some clays. She is a stud in training.

She now has a shell from her first shooting day. What a girl.
A wonderful day, except I'm sore. Cause yeah baby, I took my turn on the rounds. Except I'm not nearly as good at it as I once was. I'll be practicing, alot.
The Man believes in full training for our girls. Cause he thinks it'll be helpful if they were willing and able to pistol-whip any wayward boyfriends in the future.