Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, May 10, 2007

And you are?

Let me introduce you to my new, updated image...

I'll be the hot red-head kicking butt as a permanent employee
for an investment firm.

Yes, I got the offer. To be fair, the offer came in last night at 8 p.m. They called me at home, where in my pjs and cold cream, I accepted their generous offer for employment. I did wait until after the reference check before I announced it to everyone. (I love my former bosses, one told them that they couldn't hire me cause he needed me to move back to work for him) Yes, I was stalling.....cause then I had to tell work, even though as a temp I didn't have to, but I did.

I waited as long as I could but it went well. For some reason, noone was surprised and they all wished me the best. I guess they saw it before I did.

I am so thrilled. I didn't get thrilled until one of my fellow co-workers told me that he hoped it challenged me. When my eyebrows went up into my hairline....cause hello....was he being snarky? ( I have snarky ) But he went on to explain that it was obvious that I was being given work to keep me busy but nothing to challenge me.

I take that as a huge, huge compliment from him. Plus I realized it was true, the more work I asked for, the more mundane and routine the tasks seemed. I did love the HR work, I loved the interaction with the people, but it was not a challenge.

I left that conversation, very very excited!!!

Cause I've never worked in financials before, so I have a ton of challenges ahead of me. :)

Boy, the Lord really gives you want you need, even if it isn't what you want........