Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, August 20, 2007

Manic Monday

The start of a glorious new week....yet once again all I could think about this morning was pulling over and buying a pack of smokes at the store on the way to work. It's been over 65 days, this week in particular has been very very difficult....I can't stop at my usual store for even a coke now cause I do not trust myself!

Here are the reasons I've convinced myself so far not to give in.....

1. The Man will kill me, he expressly told me this already, in very unpleasant terms! (Me thinks he would secretly love me to start again, then he could!)

2. My children would be disappointment in me....if they found out....

3. My work would sack me. They are awesome people but I do not see them tolerating a smoker in the office, as small of a firm as it is.

4. I would stink, again.

5. Smoker lung when I attempt to exercise or even climb stairs (nasty nasty cough)

So this is the top 5....I'm thinking that perhaps I have a slightly addictive personality....maybe this is why I have such a hard time dumping Dr. Pepper for Diet! And why smoking still looks very very good to me, when it's a slam dunk "duh" for other people! Boy, it's a good thing I never tried smack, or crack or whatever they call it!