Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Taking My Stance...

Recently Princess came home with a paper on why guns should have never been invented. Broke my heart she did. Not to mention she crippled The Man instantly with this! So last night, I took control of the situation.

As we were driving along from visiting the eye doctor, Princess pointed to something off the side of the road and said "Can we go there?"

People! There happened to be the Ultimate Hunting Mecca of ALL TIMES. A 5000 square foot store filled with guns, camo and stuffed animals of every species.

OF COURSE WE CAN! So in response to those hard core PETA people from her school who are trying to woo her over to the dark side. I say that this......



Princess shoots a mean duck people. Yes, it was only a laser gallergy but hey, $5 spent here was well spent as I got to hammer home the whole "we hunt therefore we eat thing". Does she look thrilled!

Then I proceeded to feed the girls dinner there. Yep, a single woman with two little girls ate dinner at the Hunting Mecca's Cafe. I was actually upset that the kids meals weren't named, "Armadillo Hotdogs" and such. That would really have driven my point home.

We then spent an hour looking at all the stuffed animals. While I was giving her my best, "it's okay if you shoot it and eat it but otherwise it's waste" speech.

We feed some fish, had some great family time and then washed our hands before leaving (such a chick thing to do!).

All in all, I'm feeling alot better about all of this now. :)