Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, February 4, 2007

I left the city for this...

We actually left the house today. I am really proud of that so Im gonna say it again, we left the house. Woohoo. I'm still amazed that the man moved us here, you see I'm about the coldest person you'll ever meet. I wear sweaters in the dead of summer and in winter, I'm wearing 15 extra pounds of thermals, and that was when I lived by the beach. So you can image that I'm still adjusting to moving to the Artic Circle. It's freaking cold people.

I let the car warm up for 40 minutes, by the time we got in there, it was a balmy 90 degrees, felt like Orlando on a beautiful summer day (homage to Jac there). Off to church we went, then to the grocery store and then by Sonic for a drink, get thirsty running all those errands you know. However, I had two wilted and grumpy girls in the backseat and I was gearing for home.

Now, for the record, I'm a great driver, ask my insurance agent. However, I can't stand slow drivers, so you can image my immediate hatred when I round the corner 3 miles from my house to see this in front of me.

A traffic jam in freaking no-where. So I decide to pass, wrong, the county sheriff is behind me and he don't look happy either. So along we putt, and putt and freaking farging putt.

The girls are crabby and complaining. Another problem is that Duchess gets road rage, spent alot of time in traffic with The Man over the years, so she was really ticked and vocal!

So the merry bunch and I followed this dusty bumper all the way home, all the long winding freaking way. Finally the sheriff's car did an illegal u-turn and drove off in the opposite direction. And still we followed.

I left the city for this people.