Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, February 12, 2007

The Job Sage Continues...

So another week, another day continuing my job hunt. Ahhhh, last week I tried to spare you some of the worst calls, you don't' want the bruises I have from banging my head on the wall after hanging up with some of these people. I swear, I just want a decent job. Please, decent...J-O-B!

So tomorrow I have an interview with a lady who wouldn't let me speak at all on the phone. She pulled my resume offline and called me about a job. I didn't call her! However, she kept reminding me how lucky I was to have called her. Uh-okay. I'm lucky. That's me, lucky! However, the job is for a legal department of a company I've seen on the local news lately that is having some ethics issues. Not Enron, but I thought it appropriate. :) So yeah, I left her a voicemail canceling my "lucky" interview. One down....


The sweet sweet ladies at the dear old Mink Farm called me and left me a message (do you see why I screen my calls! Except you, I always answer your call!) reminding me that the job is mine (I've said no twice now) and could I drop by (oh god no!) and see about some paperwork. Yeah, left her a message today too. Sweetly telling her no and then suggesting that we get together for walks sometimes cause she lives in my neighborhood. Crap! But I'll sleep better at night not thinking about the minks. God Bless Them!

Yet another call that I did not answer came from Bambi. Not the deer, the blond girl who thought I'd make a great addition to her company, oh just read here. However, since I have lots of blond friends, I didn't want to insult Jac...opps, somebody by posting a picture here. So enjoy the little forest creature below.


So the main point I'm getting to, slowly, very slowly. The dream job has officially entered my realm. Yes, it is there and I haven't a clue how to make this go any faster. See Tuesday I a final interview with a great company (lots of perks) for good money (woohoo) and sucky hours, yeah I hate that part. I can't really say no to these people if they meet me in the middle.
However, the dream job, well I have an inside track, being that it's the same freaking company that The Man works for. I love him, he rocks. No he isn't hiring me, but that could be interesting. He just sent my resume off to someone to sent it to HR and boom. They called. But we're stuck, cause the person doing the interviewing is out of town.
Do I wait for the possible chance to do my dream job for The Man's company? Or do I accept (if offered, who knows they may laugh in my face) the other job knowing its a good deal?
Crap, I hate this part.