Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Too fast...

Princess is growing up too fast. It just melts my heart, those sneaky little moments of motherly pride that make my eyes tear up....or it could just be those darn allergies again. Any who, tonight Princess had her ballet class and I went early to try and catch her in action. Something I see too little of.

I cried. My first baby, the one I miraculously didn't kill with my parental stupidity, was just breathtaking. I've wanted for so long to feel like we belong somewhere we live so that I can involve my girls in things that little girls should have. Well it's everything I dreamt of and more!

She hopped and did little fancy jumps. She did the pointy toe thing with her arms gracefully reaching up. She did the squats and didn't look like a frog at all.

Princess has been moved up to Conservatory Ballet Beginner. Which means my baby will actually start real ballet in August. I'm so very excited. I know nothing about ballet but from the talk the director had with us, it's more serious and geared towards techniques and actual ballet study than the fun kiddo classes she has had in the past.

Sniff, sniff. I guess my ignorant butt better start reading up on ballet. I'm sure there will be a test and I better know what the pointy foot thing is.