Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, February 10, 2007

Weather, The Big Tease

The weather here has been teasing us all week. Cold, not so cold, burrr and then boom, today was actually nice. Still cold but no wind so we were able to finally venture out of the house (further than the driveway). So we went for a power walk (bike ride) down the street to the marina. I wanted to see if the ice was really hard enough to walk on. On the way there, I realized the view of the back of my house was awesome, so here you go. Sorry it's a little dark, the sun went away at the precise minute I lifted the camera.

So off we went, determined to see the frozen marina/lake area. First thing I noticed, the locals were all over the ice, playing hockey, ice fishing and even skating. Hell, their dogs were out there too. Did I? Nope cause I'm a big fat chicken, see the water had started melting at the far end and I don't trust it! Chicken, I tell you. So here are my two lovely little girls. So cute holding hands and carefully walking along. This photo is completely untouched! The background of the mountains is what we see everyday at our new home. I love it here, very big reminder that God is magnificent!

Got home and even felt productive enough to hose all the nasty snow/ice leftovers off The Man's truck so it's purty again. Besides can't have it dirtying up my driveway! Then I felt compelled to clean off the driveway, then the street immediately in front of that, then hose it all down to the drain. Anal much? I need a job, but that sage is another story another day. :)