Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Saga Continues Part 2

Well this morning I went on the most confusing interview in my life. I was up for a corporate travel position where I would just book travel for a company with alot of VPs. Okkkkkkkkkkkay. Sounded good. So off I went looking like $$$$$. Except here is how my interview went (summary of the best parts):

Her: Well you would do the travel and in any down time help me...

Me: What do you do here? HR?

Her: Sorta, I just do that plus assisting the big boss, plus plan events and supervise the office staff.

Me: Office Manager?

Her: Not really, just alot of little stuff.

Me: Okkkkkkkay, who are the other office staff

Her: Let me call some in so you can meet them.....(skip past intros)

Me: Is a tight shirt and belly ring required wear? (I swear!)

Her: oh no, we're just really laid back

Me: Why are they all 19?

Her: Well we pick a type of person then train them to do what is needed, like they do filing, answer phones and pick up presents for wives or run them on errands....

Me: What? As in personnal assistants?

Her: Not really....

Me: About the job, what are the benefits? Leave time, pay, insurance?

Her: Not really sure, I'll put that on a list to ask my boss.

Me: Oh is he the one hiring and supervising this position

Her: Oh no, that is me

Me: Yet you don't know exactly what your offering? (extremely confused here)

Her: Not really....we just need some help. I've only done office work for a year, before that I was in xrays but got too much radiation so I had to do something new.

Me: (Thinking: wow, must have been bad at that job too) Oh.....

Her: So it'll be fun having a helper that has like 4 times the experience I do, it'll make my job easier. (yep, she really went there)

Me: No

Her: So when can you start?

Me: No

Her: What is your goal for future growth in the company? (Swear she just skipped over my no and went right on)

Me: To take your job

Her: (laughing hysterically)

Me: I've wasted your time and mine, good luck with your employee hunt. I'll see myself out.

Her: (Calling after me) I'll call you if we choose you for the job....

Me: (hand in air and I hustle to the door)