Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Saga Begins

Now that my yummy man has gone across the country to work (I love the new facial hair, sorry about all the pics, I love them! :) I have gotten busy: taking long hot baths, reading my school books (okay and some plum novels too), getting the kiddos in a schedule, cooking home meals, and oh yeah, starting the prospective job hunt.

That said, I live in the burbs/boonies. :) I love it though. However unless I want to do some serious commuting, there isn't much around here for my kind of work (get your mind out of the gutter, I'm a business top level admin or office manager). So I got my big girl clothes out, you know they don't consist of elastic waist and flannel or wool pjs, and printed some resumes and took off for town. Town being a generous word for our little communities in the area. I hit the city hall, cause I've done gov/county work before. Hmmm, the office was full of little ole ladies and the HR lady kept putting her hand to her ear, until finally I yelled that I was there about a job. Geez. Then I dropped off an app and a resume for substitute teaching. I have enough credits now to do that too here. Hmmmm, that office was full of little ole ladies too.

My question is: where are all the other middle/younger aged moms and wives? Do they all stay at home with their kids? Does no one in my age group work outside of the home? WOW!

Stay tuned as the "Will she, can she find a job" saga continues. Until then, I'm gonna put my flannels back on and work on my business plan. Yet another paper....geez....