Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, January 29, 2007

Ho Hum

Well I have to say that it is very hard to get motivated this week. With The Man gone, I've found every excuse NOT to clean the den up and finish unpacking the office. I'm worthless. However, I did bake alot, lose 2 lbs in spite of that, de-ice my driveway four times and well took alot of baths. See, I've redeemed myself.


Oh and I've found my way from the house to all the best stores. That is top marks in my book. Look at the beautiful drive through the neighborhood....

Except the job thing. Since jobs are few and far between here in the boondocks, I've been looking every morning on local sites and calling a few places until BINGO.... we have an interview. And I'm scared. It is for the one place I never thougth I'd have to visit again. A livestock barn/feed lot.

See growing up, I'd occassionally hang around at the local livestock barn during sale days, basically just to bug everyone while my uncle finished his business. However, some twenty something years later, the smell still invades my nose just thinking about it.

When the sweet OLD (geez) lady called me, I could smell it on the phone. I have issues. The pay is much better than I thought and they have me scheduled for an interview next week. I'm wondering how many old ladies I'll be in competition for to get the job. Hmmmmm.....

Also, will I start smelling like that if I work there? I'm such a wuss. I should be so much cooler than I am.

I'm gonna keep sprinkling out my glorious resume and see what else bites, but now I'm wondering, should I wear boots to my interview? Cause that would be kinda cool.
UPDATE: Hmmm, things are looking interesting. I now have a job interview tomorrow morning (hello big girl clothes) with a company that needs corporate travel....ohhhhhhh my fav....seriously, I love that stuff, lol. Wish me luck. This place rocks, for being the boondocks that is.