Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, January 19, 2007

Lickable Rolls

Cinnamon Rolls, People!
We successfully baking FROM SCRATCH in our new house tonight. Thanks Ree. I cut the recipe down to size but dang, we are swimming in homemade cinnamon buns over here people! So in honor of the occassion, I documented the process, for you non-believers who didn't think I could cook....


We successfully butter up big time! Princess wrote her name in butter on the first batch!

The butter smells brought The Man out of hibernation. He even assisted!


And then he took over. He said my rectangular dough wasn't the proper shape. However, we did manage to create "heaven on earth" at my house tonight.
Taking one pan over to the plumbers house in the morning. Betting these babies will get my gas line for my dryer put in asap!
Warning: the mess after this is impressive. Maybe I should just leave it and move again!