Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Golden Ticket

We are blessed. Once again, we spent an evening in pure panic over the contract that has yet to arrive from The Man's new job. We should know better at this point. A friendly phone call came through, Mr. Fed Ex Man is delievering the "Golden Ticket" today. It's highly convenient since I have today off (and tomorrow, I had to burn some leave before I officially leave my job on the 29th). So instead of using my new gift card (thanks fellow employees, for the luncheon and the VISA card) I will be cleaning my house awaiting the precious sound of the doorbell. Yes! We are blessed.



Then I will wade out into traffic bound for the mall. I have to get a cold weather jacket. Said VISA will come in handy. However, having never been to this new state before, I have no idea what to get. Mr. Weatherman said it was in the 30's in our new hometown today. Oh and it'll drop to the single digits tonight, with freaking snow. I'm a notoriously cold person, I live along a coast with balmy tropical breezes and I'll be the one in a sweater. It's obviously going to be a problem keeping myself warm in new place. So, do I get a parka? Do I get fake fur lined, is that warmer? Do I get it a little big size wise so I have room for my three sweatsuits under it? I'm not sure how you go about shopping for a big arse coat!




Although I did find the boots I want.......I love shoes. These are featured in a serious sale. Do they look too warm? Can you get shoes that are too warm? I didn't think so. These babies are mine. 19.99 is a great deal. Said VISA and I are on a mission now, as soon as the "Golden Ticket" arrives.


Update: Well The Man hated the boots I wanted. Not insulated, blah blah blah, not appropriate for the weather, blah blah blah.... I'm pretty sure more was said, but before I know it he is on his outdoor man website and I'm the new owner of a tough, kick arse looking pair of winter boots. Are these bad boys tough looking or what? So with my new jacket, I'm gonna be a tough looking chick. Well, not too sure how I feel about that. I'm imagining myself HOT and instead I'm looking TOUGH. Surely there isn't anything bad about that, but I'm almost 30! I want to be HOT. I'm gonna have to paint my nails delicate pink for the entire winter!