Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, December 10, 2006

She's 8 and I'm Old!



I know that she'll never forget having eight of her very best friends over to celebrate her 8th birthday. Silly me, I figured that only a few would show, no...no not the case. Forgot that it's silly season and that every parent needs evenings without their kids to shop for gifts. Yep, I got all eight.


So they karaoked, sleeping bag races, tasted baby food in a fear factor eating contest, watched three movies, and managed to consume the following:
* 4 lbs of M&M's....I forgot to put the bag up.
* Half of a birthday cake meant to feed 48 people (Costco, it was dirty cheap so why not)
* 3 Super sized bags of chips
* 1 oven sized Costco pepperoni pizza (I got none! Not even a spare crust)
* 12 pack of root beer
* 4 boxes of all fruit juice packs
* 1 gallon super sweet tea (yep, that one was me)


At mid-night, I pulled out the "If you don't sleep I'll call and wake up your mom" routine, so I finally got a little shut eye on the couch, with Duchess all over me. She was a trooper, she partied with them all night long.


Morning brought 3 dozen cinnamon rolls and more juice. I got none of that either. Those still hungry where raiding my fridge. One kid ate left over spagetti, for breakfast....


It was a great party and she got lots of awesome gifts and I am the coolest mom ever. I WILL NEVER DO THIS AGAIN! Ever......cause they ate all the chocolate and didn't share!