Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, December 14, 2006

Check? Check? Check?


Well we are fully in the midst of Christmas Spirit.
Princess tells me before bed that she has a singing performance at school, the next morning, no prob. Just toss together an outfit, CHECK.

Dutchess changes her mind and wants an Ariel scooter instead of a Cinderella scooter, have receipts, exchange? or just teach her to make do with what she gets and be happy? I vote be happy, CHECK.

The new landlady calls and says paperwork for house is on the way. Happy happy me? CHECK.

Work was given three weeks notice yet boss is now asking for my forwarding address, he needs someone to do his homework next month. Give him fake address? CHECK.

New neighbors move in next door. Their first sighting of the elusive happy paper writer was me with a towel on my wet head, sweats with a not so discreet hole in the rear, and a tank top that is waaaaaaaay to small. Make a good redneck impression? CHECK.

Big meeting today with the big boss to discuss my departure. Short on time, I take a quick bathroom break. Sitting across for the scariest woman alive with my fly down, gaping open for all the world to see, with pink poka dot undies? CHECK.

Rough draft of final paper turned in on time? CHECK.

Rough draft of final paper with paper actually attached to post, ummmmm, one frantic call to professor to assure myself that I won't lose points cause I'm an airhead? CHECK.

I'm done here people, I've done my best.