Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, December 2, 2006

Well Santa.....

Royalty proceeded to visit Santa this morning. The base had a "all hands" for the Santa visit, so we loaded up and went in. However, the strollers and crowds were curved around three streets awaiting the free food and Santa visit. Soooooooo, whipped out the handy cell phone and called a mall near the house. YES, their Santa house is open and no lines. Off we go, as the Duchess announces that she refuses to leave the car till she can see Santa (aka: she isn't going home). Listening to the songs from "Over the Hedge" for the 90th time, we head off to the mall. Upon finding a parking spot close to the Santa house, I felt blessed, it was meant for me to foresake all things "base, military, free, and family enriching" and flee with the kids to the local civilian mall like normal people. So there we are in the entrance to the Santa house, Princess immediately walks over and the conversation goes something like this....


"My friends don't believe in you, but I do, cause I want toys. "(Santa is nodding, good good. So what do you want for Christmas) "Well, I've given it some thought and I'd like====


"A 20 inch blue bike from Toy's R Us" (Santa replies that he doesn't shop there, he makes his toys) "Well can I get a gift certificate to Toy's R Us then?


Well there you have it. Duchess meanwhile was trying to hide in my purse and refused to look at Santa much less go anywhere near him, despite her earlier tantrums. Sooooo, I gave Santa her list, a Ariel hair set, some lipgloss and a scooter. Done deal, that was easy. Till we left and he said goodbye to her to which she screams "Mom, that stranger is talking to me!"


So we ran, I meant left the mall heading towards the parking lot, cause who really shops while dragging two kids. The Man had to work cause his ship sucks! so there I was with both of them and a birthday/Christmas list a mile long. Whew, gonna have to bribe the Man with unspeakables so he'll watch the kids so I can shop, as ususally he wants to go with. :( Oh well, we'll figure it out.


However, on the way to the car, the local auxillary picked us up in the courtsey golf carts for a ride to the car. Nice............my day is looking up......