Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, December 30, 2006

There are no words...

There are no words for how freaking happy I am. Since the movers come on Tuesday, I had to complete the final "need" list for the new house. Been along time since I've purchased appliances so the prices out there for fridges and laundry stuff is freaking outrageous! So after three weeks of having the "mini nervous breakdown" every time I visited the store (apparently hoping that one of the many stores would have a cheap day).



However, we got blessed! Every once in a while, the sun breaks free from the clouds and shines on a particular spot. This spot today was a local outlet store from Sears. They rock. The Man calls it "scratch and sniff" but it's actually scratch and dent, but we got a new fridge for 25% of the original cost cause of a quarter sized dent in the door. Sweet, I have a magnet the perfect size to hide it! (Warning the major frugal redneck shopper in me is coming out!)

So fridge is now in my garage, under rock and key. Plus, I was the one helping to unload that sucker and let me tell you, I've earned the sore back I am sporting.


On to the washer and dryer, well that ended well too. The thought of purchasing those brand new was about as appealing as having blood flow out of my eyeballs. Soooo, after pursuing the local paper, I found a "too good to be true" listing. Read something like this: "He left me, the three kids and the dog for her. I'm selling it all cheap. Come get them, they are a year old." So I got me some awesome top of the line laundry units for less than the bargain basement cost of brand new with stickers on it from the store. Thank you Mr. Whoever You Are, You sleezy Dog.


The Man is getting big kudos tonight for being the brute strength behind all of the action here in this house today. We salute you "Mr. Man who carries a washer on his back from the truck to the garage cause his helpmate wife was trying to help unload it in her fuzzy pink not sexy houseshoes and slid right out from under said washer."


Next up: Completing the major cleaning and "trashing" of all the crap that we continually move around with us but never use.