Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, September 8, 2008

Thank you

(seems to be the season for open letters!)

Dear Pastor,

Thank you for the moving sermon on Sunday. I needed that.

I had a horrible morning, spent chasing wild little pissy dogs all over my neighborhood before finally getting him back in his harness.

I argued with my children repeatily over their inability to do something when asked or told once, instead of fourteen times.

The Man who sleeps days, yelled at me cause I let sunlight into our bedroom when I came out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel fresh from the shower. So I went to church in jeans, a t-shirt, flip flops, wet hair and no makeup. Nobody cared.

Due to the dog fiasco and Princess' inability to catch the little turd, we were 30 minutes late, but surprisingly singing had went long, so I arrived right on time for sermon.

I needed a reminder that the measure of my life is counted by my family and the happiness in my heart. Not the things I've yet to accomplish.

Thank you Jesus for my dear friend, who reminded me of that fact just the night before on a late night call from Canada.

I left your house with my eyes lifted and my heart light.

The girls and I started over and had a wonderful day.

When my DVD player died, I didn't shoot it, curse it or even hammer it to pieces. I simply tossed it away and went to get another.

And when I heard something go bump in the night and couldn't find my gun, instead of calling The Man in a panic. I simply loaded the 12 guage and checked the house. Rock steady! Cause Jesus has got my back.

Here's hoping today is just as good as yesterday.

Love
Hope4Grace