Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fish on the Hook

I was recently reminded of a story from the "dating years". To this day, this story makes me want to smack him upside the back of his head. But for the record, when you're fishing with your guy and you've got a "thing" about touching live fish stuck on your hook......... there is actually little fish grabber thingys that you can use to hold the slippery bastards while removing the hook. That would have been nice to know before I kill the damn fish trying multiple things to do to get his ass off my hook... you know things like dragging him over rocks when I thought Dave wasn't looking, or stepping on his tail and yanking real hard (again when I hoped Dave wasn't looking), or even just whipping your damn rod around like a crazy woman in frustration before said laughing dork ( I mean Dave ) comes over with said handy tool. That poor fish hopefully has a CASTLE and a huge lazyboy chair up in Heaven cause I put his little nasty butt through hell over that whole hook thing before he gave up the ghost. I might have cried a little too over that afterwards, I felt kinda bad.

But the point of that............. well, this week I'm the damn fish. Work has it's hook in me and I'm fighting like crazy trying to get off and they are dragging my butt over the rocks. Bless their hearts. There is no replacement authorized for me till Jan. So every project, every deadline has all been moved up to be completed by me before I leave. They are totally wigging.

I feel them. I've been here before. Poor damn fish.

I'm gonna miss the hell of that place and those people.