Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, November 2, 2011

We B Moving

Well it's official. I wanted to wait until it was completely official but it's now that time. Dave's promotion means less travel and less travel means more time in Idaho twiddling his thumbs at night in the apartment he shares with a coworker. The same coworker who's family lives in another state and is in the process of beginning a move as well. The same coworker who has two teenaged boys living with him. So this means that Dave pulled the card: so we b moving. I follow his lead so here we goooooooooooooo.

Idaho. Now if you know me, then I bet money I know what you're thinking. Yeah, I swore that I'd never come back to Utah after getting the hell out of crazy ville dodge BUT it's a state away. And, I've learned many lessons since then so I'm taking this self-realization, my tattoo and dyed hair, rum and coke drinking, cig smoking, Jesus loving, southern girl baptist self right on up there. And I'm gonna work it baby!

In the boonies, this new town of ours is tiny and far removed from city life and I can't wait. While on my vacation, we got a house, signed the contract (hence the sneak a peek pic on the main page), we've contracted the movers and I gave notice at work. Giving notice about damn near killed me, can I just say.

It's now an all out free for all trying to get crap to the point to where we can go.

The kids are excited. They are ready for a move and while they will miss their friends/schools they are making the steps needed to "take them with us" via phone calls, internet and etc. Not to mention, scheduling trips this summer for "play dates" lol.

It's with a very sad heart that I'm leaving my job here though. I love my work, I love the people I work with and I will spend the next two weeks busting my butt to get them ready for life after me. My boss is an oak and is bending over backwards to make sure I can squeeze in dr appts and kids' school stuff as needed while I try and get the office ready for life after me. They have my ego all swollen and puffy but I know that they'll be just fine. I just have to make sure to leave them with a big ole "SOP" on how to do things until my replacement gets authorized. Then whoever takes over after me will have a starting place. It's more than I had. I kinda feel like I'm losing a family made up of all older, crazy uncles but dang I can already tell I'm gonna get misty eyed when it's time to hand over my keys and badge. Crap!

So now that it's all out here, I can post all along the way.

So here we go.............