Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, April 19, 2009

Slow going, but going....

Our purty little house when we were considering purchasing it. Almost a year ago.... Man the work we've done on this place. Could somebody please tell me next time that a freshly built house is MORE work than a normal house. Please. So notice the landscaping, that is the topic of conversation today.

So today the kids and I hit up the store for more soil and 2 more Steve's. (Funny story we spent some time chit chattting with the neighbor's while unloading them all, I'm referring to the shrubs as Steve, thoroughly confusing them until I remembered that the hubs name is Steve, that got some laughs when I explained).

So this is where we left off Friday evening. Two Steve's and alot of plants that are so small you can't see. Sorry. Plus a bucket full of bulbs that may or may not bloom (but hey, I wore gloves so hopefully that will help). My mom assures me that they will pop one day and be beautiful. I'm having my doubts. I'm slowly learning this gardening thing.

So once we pulled the offending "same as everyone else" clone bushes, I planted the new Steve's. I think they are purty. My pots of tulips mixed in for good measure. I do love the idea of year round green, especially here.
But since I'm frugal by nature........

I transplanted the clones into the backyard. Up against the back of the house where they'll get plenty of morning sun and mixed in the rest of the bulbs. Cross your fingers. The clones are actually starting to bloom, that is just from this week so hopefully they'll take well to their new location.
Already peeps in the neighborhood are driving by real slow to get a peek.......

Although it's probably not the landscaping their looking at. We kinda made a mess. Professionals we are not.
Excuse me while I go clean up my front yard, we ain't that kind of trashy.