Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The afterglow

I'm sitting here enjoying my first glass of Christmas wine. It's been a really really good day. We got an early start considering my kids are older. Dave was up and just planning to put my prezzy together when Duchess sounded the rally cry.

We went quality over quantity this year. Princess got some awesome Bose headphones (mainly because Dave refuses to support rappers by buying their headphones), her own Chi so she'll quit using mine, hair and nail stuff, itunes gift card, cash, phone case, OU stuff and etc. Duchess got Pet Shops, cash, app store gift card, cross bow nerf gun, new boots and jewelry maker stuff. They racked up.

Murphy was all about digging about in everyone's junk to smell.

I got some black pearl earrings (effffing freaking gorgeous) and a nifty jewelry box that is hidden inside a standing mirror for my room. I love it. My old jewelry box was falling apart from years of use and moves.

My sweet husband got a huge surprise and he got an ipad. It's gonna make his life so much easier work wise. Rather than dragging around his laptop everywhere just in case, he will have it all in hand. He has spent all evening playing on that thing. :) love that I got him something that he needs and loves.

We managed to do a small service project today which is important to remind us for the reason of the season.

Then we had a small turkey breast, southern style cornbread dressing and sweet potatoes.

Watching movies and enjoying our family time.

Tomorrow we de-tree and get back to normal post holiday life as kids enjoy their break and the husband goes back to work.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.