Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, September 16, 2008

How Does This Come Across?

I fired this email off today....how does this sound?

Dear "HOA IDIOT (insert proper stupid name here)"

I received a letter regarding a rear yard violation today dated Sept 12, out of your office. My concern is that we are still within our allotted time frame for completing our rear yard landscaping. Not to mention, it's obvious from the fresh dirt and equipment in our rear yard that we are already in the process of completing this task. The violation/letter also noted that we needed to maintain our weeds. There are no weeds or any violations in our backyard so I'm puzzled as to why we received this letter. I would be happy to provide you with pictures taken last week of our progress should there be any confusion. I also wanted to make sure that this in no way constitutes an actual violation in our records with the HOA, as this does not apply to us.

I am still awaiting word also that our account has been updated. I spoke with your office awhile ago regarding the two bills that we've received. One stating that we owe you money and the other stating that we have a credit on our account. As per my records, we do still have a credit on our account. I noticed that our lot #1104 had two separate account numbers. Please let me know if this matter has been cleared up.

We are very much enjoying our new home in (insert neighborhood here) and would like our dealings with the HOA to be enjoyable as well. If you have any concerns or need to speak directly with me, you can reach me at (insert number here) during normal business hours.

Thanks,
Hope4Grace

That was diplomatic right?