Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, March 7, 2008

Mom Takes Control.......

Meet my daughter, Princess. She's nine and the love of my life. Just as sassy as her momma and she loves ballet and now choir too. She has quite the schedule, although she is never home alone. She bounces back and forth between activities often and keeps us hopping. Then there are the stressful days that one thing runs late or the bus runs late and my world just falls apart. Cause this is my first baby, so I tend to panic...........but not nearly as much as The Man. Which is why you see her holding that cute little baby, red cell phone.

Rather than stick a homing pigeon on her somewhere, we added a child phone to our new cell service. IT HAS GPS, we want her comfortable with the idea of being tracked daily, lol. Luckily The Man's company has an amazing discount so we all three got new phones and last night was set up. So once we got her "child-parent" program set up, I was dancing the happy dance all over my house. See, I was able to restrict all incoming/outgoing calls on her phone to only people in her contacts. Then I was able to set a password of my chosing on her contacts. Then I was able to block all texting and messages of any kind. I love technology. This phone is now fit for my nine year old. OH and did I mention it has GPS? Yeah, see I can log in on my phone or at work and find her anytime. And if she leaves the radius I've set up I get a text message that she is on the move. Again, I love technology.

Now this was all The Man's plan. I was extremely hesitant to arm my nine year old with a cell phone. Because hello, she is nine, I was 26 before I had one. But as The Man pointed out, if the technology is available and it provided us a sense of safety for her and gave her a way to keep in contact, it was worth it. Oh and the best part, her whole deal only costs me 9.99 a month. Hello deep discount, I love you. Besides, this is a great jump into the whole big girl responsibility thing. Not to mention, I got to lay out alot of rules, I love rules. I rock at them, as long as I'm making them and not having to abide by them.......then ummm it doesn't work so well.
So after we got all set up and the kiddos went to bed. The Man and I decided to have some dirty fun........perv, not that........


We decided to destroy the cells we had for the past two years from the crappiest service I've ever had in my life. Tossing them away just wasn't good enough......

Pardon me, I was ready for bed.......and since it's 12 degrees out in my dirty garage (he's cleaning it today, I swear.....he's been building toolbenches again) I had on everything of The Man's I could find.........but I got to hammer the crap out of my previous piece of crap phone.


Another angle shot........this was serious business.........


Cause I hate them and obviously The Man and I are very literal people, cause they told us to destroy the phones.........I wonder if this is what they meant.........damn that was fun.