Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day

In celebration of Labor Day, I made them labor.

We have sorted laundry, done laundry, pulled out winter clothes/fall clothes, cleaned all shoes (baby powder, wipes girlfriend), scrubbed room, made a chore/reward chart that has my children running in fear of the words (I'll take back a star!), cleaned out my bedroom completely, dug out my record player and records, organized my closet by color and texture (OCD much?), finished four canvas paintings for my girls' rooms (cause I'm cheap like that baby) and hung one of my prized mirrors in the hall beside the girls' rooms, low so they can do their hair in the morning (and cause it drives The Man insane to walk by a mirror that all he can see is his belt) and I made a turkey for dinner....well, cause it's cold outside.

This cold snap also brought forth the attack of the killer sinuses.

We're snotty and coughing and mean.

Beware.