Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Parole

The Man was paroled this past weekend....well that is to say, he flew in from South Texas where he is working to have some family time. The best weekend ever.




Not only was he a little sunburnt (a nice reminder of South Texas sun and heat) but he had safety glasses lines. Poor guy, still looked as awesome as always. The kids were beside themselves. While waiting at the airport for him to deplane, Duchess just couldn't take the stress anymore.....she burst into tears. Such an emotional reaction for her, she just couldn't wait a second longer.
We shopped, ate, slept in and napped. We spoiled the kids and ourselves and then it was over too soon. Back to Texas he goes, but this uncomplicated weekend full of fun and joy made it totally worthwhile.
We got this. And he's coming back at Easter, things are pretty dang good around here.
Just gotta stay on top of school, the kids' school, packing lunches, giving baths, washing hair, braiding waist lenth hair, finding time to bath Murphy, snow in my yard again. Having an expired registration and getting pulled over twice in 24 hours, once in the parking lot of Jiffy Lube where I was trying to get my vehicle inspection/emissions to do my registration. Having the pleasure of handing over my conceal weapons permit and getting a shocked look from those Utah cops and most of all, keeping my girls happy.
If I can do all of this, I'll stay on top of my game. I can so do all this right? This is what keeps me young. There is something to be said for that.