Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, October 18, 2011

We B Shooters

So the H4G people are avid gun nuts. (Have you guessed that yet?) And this past week, we got to play with our guns in TWO different states. Cause we rock like that yo!

So let's compare Dave's gun club with mine...... Idaho verses Texas.

 His club is different from anything I've seen. On the outskirts of his work town, this club is built by the NRA and takes donations only (except just opened membership for $20 a year). It's pretty basic but really cool. We didn't have a rifle with us, so it was handguns only.

And boy do I love watching the man shoot handguns.

 They have steel targets set up that go "ping" and fall down when you hit them. Sweet, talk about instant gratification! I love it. While I miss the paper/cardboard people cut outs that give you ideas about your grouping, this was fun!

 Especially when you realize that your eyesight is getting so bad that you have to wear your glasses to shoot. Even better when you realize that after 34 years, you're left eye dominant (this explains the switch hitting success of my softball career). So Dave experimented. He taped up my sunglasses where I can only see out of my left eye. I shot left handed for the first time and hit everything I pointed the gun at. It was pretty insane. Not sure if I'll keep shooting left handed but def need to practice more. For defensive shooting though, I grab with my right so best not to mess with it too much.

Then here he is playing with his rifle at my gun club in Texas. Better physical set-up. Expensive as hell and you have to be approved and recommended by a board member to get in (which I did, cause I work with one) but the end result is the same.

Happy shooters!

Trip info and pics coming soon! I'm home and everyone has the stomach plague. Yuck