Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, November 8, 2006

In the Zone

While doing my daily drop offs of the kids, I pass a park everyday, there for the last week has been a woman jogging as I go by. Every morning, she's so diligent. She runs slowly on the tips of her toes and is in no hurry.

I want that. I want that stare on her face that says she is somewhere else focusing on her goal. I don't have that anywhere in my life. I can't think of a single thing that I leisurely work into to then stay focused on like that. With work, it's one deadline after another, school is the same. Although I enjoy both, there is an end product that is necessary. This woman might jog b/c she has to or maybe b/c she wants to but she is dedicated to it. If I exercise or take any time for myself, it's rushed as I have an eye on the clock. I wonder if I'll ever have that stare, that unhurried grace as I do something for myself. Hmmmm.