Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, November 11, 2006

City Spawl or Wide Open Spaces

Well we're knee deep in the job hunt. The Man has one next week that is in the middle of no-where. The hunter and woodsman in him is screaming YES YES YES! However, a local job is looking good too. We're hoping that the decision is made for us (i.e. one offers and one doesn't) but we have to prepare for the idea that we may have to choose between city and country. The Man is hands down country and for most parts so am I, but there is always that doubt. However, yeah the country sounds really good. It's where I'm from, where I like to be and where I want my girls raised. So I guess it's not that much of a decision.

The girls are on a roll. They are soap making queens. Tonight we're gonna make our first batch of scrubs. The mix smells good enough to eat, which is probably why we're still up and baking cookies! If only I'd walk instead of eat this late at night.

At what age do you stop cleaning their rooms and make them take over? Duchess and I are at the beginning of a long uphill battle regarding her end of the palace. After climbing over a chair, a rolled up rug (?), two dozen baby dolls and a doll bed, I finally reached her closet to put away her clothes. Enough is enough, I need advice!! How do you enforce this!