Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, November 24, 2006

The Great Big Book of Nothing

Well thanksgiving has been eaten, kitchen cleaned three times and we won't even go into the naps. But we made it through, The Man was actually home for a holiday so it was great! Black Friday has found me working on school work. Since I'm a firm believer in the "if I need it that bad, I'd rather pay full price than shop with idiots" approach to Christmas shopping, we were homebodies today. I managed to get some baseboards cleaned (okay, the kids did that part, they love it, I swear they adore cleaning baseboards while eating suckers) and do some laundry but the marjority of my day has been reading and doing essays on Oedipus. Wow, this book it historical soap opera at it's best. However, after getting through the play I had six one page essays to write. Six different ideas, Six different themes. Yeah so I get four done. IT TOOK ALL FARGING DAY! I take a nice break (4.5 hour naps rock!) and when I log back in to the rest of my essays, I see that the teacher has reduced the amount of essays we need. Tonight is the deadline and she waits till this afternoon to change it from six to four. Yep, I still have two to go. I feel very cheated. :(



Warning: Pity party ahead.......Not only did I work hard on this but now I don't even get credit. The Man left the room and locked himself up with football so I have no one to listen to me moan. Crap.


My 4.5 hour nap was great, except I had a dream that was stuck on loop and kept rolling through my head. Stanley, from Playhouse Disney Channel, singing the "Great Big Book of Everything" over and over. Except he was holding a copy of Oedipus. This is very disturbing. Not only is the song stuck in my head, but I STILL have essays to write.
I need a Dr. Pepper and a hersey.