Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, October 30, 2006

Happy Halloween


It's that time again. Happy Halloween, pumpkins, costumes and other icky stuff. Princess decided that she alone would gut the pumpkin, this was after 20 minutes of me hacking the pumpkin. Is this done easier when it's already de-seeded? This is my first pumpkin carving as The Man is out to sea. Duchess decided to observe the activity from afar, least she get slimed or such. Smart kid, I'll be picking seeds out of my hair all night, the older one didn't have a good grip on one handful. We finally agreed on the face we wanted. Somewhere in the middle of "Happy" and "Scary". I should have bought two. Duchess finally decreed that she would be Snow White this year, only because she refused to give up the ruby slippers. I credit The Man for this, he called and sweet talked her into it. YES! Dad rules.

After work we had to make a quick store trip (I hate those in the middle of the week) as Princess lost her good jacket and the cold snap has kicked in. So in the middle of negotiating coats, style verses warmth, we found both. However, both girls found the Christmas section of the store, located right next to the escalators. So they immediately started working on their Christmas lists. Not even sure where Christmas is gonna find us. We'll see. Crossing fingers and hoping that The Man gets a really good job soon. He has an interview coming up. So ready to get out of the military, it's a great life but ready, ready, ready for my girls to have The Man everyday.

The girls decided to put on a second Halloween for The Man on Saturday. Their plan is to dress up in costume and take him to Denny's. Do my girls know how to treat a man or what? Costume pictures coming tomorrow. School books in the mail, here's to hoping they get here before school starts on the 9th. I hate media mail, it's too slow. (Mentally cracking my knuckles here) I'm taking English 102, great, took English 101 about ten years ago, should be a breeze right?