Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, July 9, 2012

Reason #47 That I'm A Bad Mom

So today was the beginning of camps for the girls.... so in addition to doing some homeschooling during the summer, they now have swim and tennis camps. This morning, I drug them out of bed with the lure of freshly made french toast. Then watched them stagger into my truck bound for early morning exercise. It was awesome!!!!

Princess had her camp first. 45 minutes of her looking like a cute little orangutan in red shorts swinging that racket around like it was a softball bat. The kid is not a natural, although after a while she started to get the hang of the serve. :) If nothing else, this will keep her busy and she can play tennis with me and Dave.

But Duchess, oh my hell I'm a horrible parent...... Duchess was freaking hysterical. I seriously sat there with Princess in the truck watching the car crash that was my baby swinging a deadly racket around in the beginner class. Tears in my eyes and Princess swearing this could only be better with popcorn, we cheered when Duch actually hit ONE ball and then again when she nailed the little boy next to her.

OMG.... I get to see this every morning for the next four weeks. I'm taking a lawn chair and some damn cheetos! Score!

Tomorrow I'll tell you all about Duchess' swim lesson last night, lol.... it was great too... watching her almost drown the lifeguard damn near made me pee myself. In fact, thank you lord I can hover everywhere and anywhere cause that swimming pool bathroom was NOT clean, ewwwww.....

After a while, I managed to leave her in the pool (mainly cause she was too busy blowing me kisses and waving, did I mention that at 9 years old she is a huge momma's girl?) and Princess/I headed out to the track next door to do our 1 mile walk.

So I gots me some yummy cake and it was deserved after my busy parenting day.