Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, July 6, 2012

I B Blinging

So my husband is stubborn. This is not news.... however it is a very rare moment when I lose a battle. I lost a battle. It's rare. Even though that we are currently spending every, single freaking night in the same damn house together for the first time in over a year and a half..... he was being a guy. For YEARS I've only worn my wedding band... reasons are valid. Over the years, I've lost weight (shut up, I know I've gained 12 lbs with the not smoking) so my diamond doesn't fit.... it's too big and frankly I shut it every door in the house on a daily basis. It's really embarrassing cause it often ends up being doors out of the house too. The looks you get.... sigh....

Anywho, out of the blue he decided that I needed to wear both, everyday and suggested this sweetly. I old handily told him the 4-1-1 on the issue and moved on. Next thing I know he's dragging me and my diamond into a jewelry shop locally to have it sized....

And he tells the lady, weld them together.... while he took my band.

Crap, he welded them together.

So EVERYDAY I'm wearing my band and my diamond..... and those damn things got cleaned and shined up.

I'm blinging like there is NO tomorrow. I don't know what they used to clean it but I've had it in meat, dirt, and even the guts of a vaccum cleaner but you rinse your hands and BAM, back to uber super shiney!

Yep, no worries honey...... that thing can be seen from three blocks away. (Even though with 12 lbs gained in the last 45 days, who needs the bat signal)