Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, July 8, 2012

But its Fried Chicken

It's been kinda a crazy weekend.... we headed to the lake, got bad directions and ended up house shopping instead... then we all got food poisoning. Fun stuff.

However, even though it's been a craptacularly boring day around here (although we did manage to drag our selves 59 miles away to church)... I picked up this box of GF flour blend I've never seen and while in big town yesterday I grabbed one of those professional fryers.

Now don't get me wrong, we don't eat alot of fried foods but occassionally I like to make home fries and I HATE doing it in a regular pot. Yuck.

But I decided to try a quick batch of fried chicken to see if it worked, flour and/or fryer. The family made sides after we tasted the first batch and we had some big eats for dinner. (Yeah and I'm fixing to go run a mile now too, cause my fat ass didn't need that meal!)

So here you go....

Fried chicken marinade:   (I don't measure anything sorry but I put alot of seasonings in my food)
garlic salt
course ground pepper
my momma cajun seasonings (u can use something else)

put chicken in and cover meat completely with buttermilk. Slap a lid on the bowl and toss in the freezer for 30 minutes.

toss quickly and lightly with the flour and drop into the fryer.....

HEAVEN

OMG it was CRISPY which cracks me up since you don't usually get that in GF.

So, I'm smelling like fried chicken and I'm wondering how many dogs will be following me through the neighborhood on our run.