Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, October 22, 2010

I'm A Mess, really

So this blog has for so long been an outlet for me, today it's a very necessary outlet. I was so scared and my tummy is still a mess. But it ends okay, so don't worry.

Today was early release cause teachers need to get report cards together. My kids were getting off the bus two hours early. We were going to a movie then on to cheer.

They were 3 minutes late, no bus in sight when my phone rang. It was Princess. She said my name and then nothing, but I could hear men in the background. And sirens. Then a paramedic identified himself and told me:

My kids were in a bus accident and one's neck was hurting. I need to either come get them at location or give release for them to transport.

I DROVE LIKE THE WIND.

My kids are okay. One was at the front of the bus and is just fine. Duchess was a little scared and the policeman taking their info wasn't friendly or even nice, the prick but she was okay.

Princess was at the back of the bus when it was rear ended by another bus. Her bus was sitting still and the other bus rammed them from the back sending all the kids slingshot forward.

She has whiplash and a nice fat medical bill.

The school district has yet to call, even to notify me about the accident, nothing. I'm pissed beyond belief. The district is trying to keep everything low key and at 5 pm word with the neighbors was that they had just gotten around to calling to tell people why their kids were almost an hour late and that the kids were in an accident.

She's stoned right now with meds from the doc and I'm hoping tomorrow won't be too bad. The doc said the second day was always the worse.

Monday morning I have a date with the school board. You may want to pray for them.

Now I'm gonna go get my babies ready for bed and then I'm going to eat some pepto and tummy pills.