Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, October 15, 2010

I'm A Bad Person

I left the town pep rally midway. As in not even waiting till the band performed even though they have a show band that is really really good.

I'm a bad person.

So it began at 5. Free rides on the L-train, facepainting, cake walks, booths of games, bouncys, and slides...it was Homecoming on steriods. Seriously, everyone in this little Texas town is all about high school football. So my little girls were running around in red/blue with their pony's bouncing and face painted. Princess had a friend ride the bus home with her and then I played mean mom and made them study for a social studies test. Then I quizzed them before we headed out to the festivities. I met little friends' parents there and between the three of us we managed to keep tracks of 4 little kids in some seriously redneck crowds.

But at 7, the pep rally started. Held at the football fields, they had fireworks, drill team, cheerleaders (jr high and sr high), footballers, bands, and etc. It was alot of productions going on. I made it through the intros and the drill team.

Then it was either leave with my headache or shove that damn cowbell up the lady behind me's behind. She didn't give that damn thing a rest at all.

The high note is that since we left early, we had no trouble getting out and getting home. But I could tell when everyone else headed home cause my dark sweet street was lit with a parade of lights.....