Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Good grief....

Homecoming is absolutely crazy. I truly thought that this madness wouldn't magically appear till high school. Pish, I totally forgot the small town football mentality. From Pre-K to the senior citizens, everyone is dressing for school/work/trips to walmart in this week's dress day for team support. I look quite out of place in my black (really got to get back to adding color to my wardrobe).

But this morning it became very clear that Princess went to bed with her wet hair in braids. Figured something was up when she went to bed in a hoodie. So we did some ratting and messed up the curls to get a fluffy look and added a few cornrows when I got this picture snapped. Dang this kid is getting old, and big, that's my hoodie that she is wearing, sigh.

But then we realized that we had exactly four minutes till the bus arrived. Throw in some clips and junk and fluff it up higher with tons of spray and boom. Crazy hair day. I almost can't wait to go to Walmart for dish soap. I'll try to discreetly take some pics, lol. Who am I kidding, I'm not discreet.

But this kid is seriously adorable. I just can't believe how lucky I got with these two girls.

Duchess showed her "i'm kinned to my momma" side this morning as she was so stinking nervous/excited/overly preparing for her UIL performance. Three teams in the second grade and today is the day they pick just one of the teams to represent the school. That kid was literally levating off the chair. Good grief. Reminds me when I was in literary rally oh I think it was my junior year....I freaked out cause I got a random question: name the four types of hammers. My answer was: seriously what kind of crappy unrelated question is that.....the judge's response: wrong. But I'm still crossing my fingers that the kid and her team did well. It was adorable.