Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, October 4, 2010

Sobfest

The roar of his disel has faded. I sat on the steps and after I lost sight of his truck, I could still hear it till about 3 blocks away. He's off to his next assignment, on his way for a day of driving. Travel mercies for my man today please.

We had such an amazing week. The kids are just thriving here and it's nice for him to see that part of our lives. I also love having him 24/7 when he is home. We get so much more time together. Although that does mean that I have one extremely filthy house to clean right now though, Mr. Distraction is very good at pulling my focus away from cleaning for fun stuff or little errands. He's a nice fit for my OCD side.

I did manage to pull out two A's on my finals this past week too. That was such a relief. And when it was all said and done....I heaved that damn financials book out in the yard where someone must have trashed it cause it's gone forever. I hated that class but the efforts was worth it, I made a high A in it. Perserve!

Now I have a ton of things to get done playing catch up on my little chores and the projects that I have lined up to keep me busy. Then Murphy and I have to keep the yard free of squirrels and do our flowerbed weeding.

Toss me a mental hug, cause as often as we part, it's still hard.