Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, October 16, 2010

I Bake

So when I'm having a day where I'm feeling a little lost: I bake. That soothes me and reminds me that I'm good at something (plus the upside is sugar tends to make me less grumpy these days). While I love being with my babies and putting them first constantly, sometimes I get a little lost in the shuffle....moving around my house like Lurch during the times when they are at school and Murphy is napping in the sunshine glow of the front windows.

I made an amazing Gluten-free apple crisp the other day. Then made it 3 more times cause it was so good!

Today I'm making a GF blueberry crumble.

Cross your fingers, not everything turns out well but I'm trying. Gotta try and fail a few times to really succeed.

Last night we got creative and made homemade chicken strips (fried, a treat for my house) and it was so dang good I promptly overate.

But I'm digging this new metabolism thing cause I'm seriously eating better but still maintaining my smaller size. Just this week, I weeded through all my work/church clothes and boxed up all the huge things for goodwill.

So since I'm having a blurry week, I'm baking up a storm. I have all the ingredients for carrot cake cupcakes for tomorrow as well. Ummmmmm, yummy. The best thing about baking from scratch is that I can reduce the amount of sugar and bad stuff in my desserts while still keeping the flavors. Plus I send them as desserts in my kids' lunches each school day, better than Little Debbies for sure!

I'll post pics however this blueberry thing turns out............but I'll eat it either way. I love me some blueberries.