Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, April 9, 2009

Do You?

Do you ever get up, shower and then lay out clothes and breakfast then go to wake your children and find this?
The little stinkers gravitate to my bed. With the dog. Leaving me no room. They can't help themselves. Thus its even harder to drag their happy little butts out of bed and get them productive. That's the goal around here, making them suckers productive citizens!

The lump in the center is Murphy. Who likes to sprawl out in the middle, usually with his paws raised to the roof! No modesty that dog!
But speaking of my room, I did a little re-arranging lately. I have this thing about having a "haven", a place where I feel comfy and pampered at the end of the day. I go through stages where I want my bedroom to look like a hotel room, but nicer....with the family touches that are obviously missing in a hotel....
So in a moment of utter boredom, with some time off between classes, I re-arranged again. And added some interesting touches....
I put a bench in my bedroom. Usually this thing floats around the house. It's visited the foyer, the balcony area, and lately behind my sofa as a catch all that opens into the kitchen. Except, I love it in my bedroom. I have a reading corner now. With my purty lamp and The Man's record player, old school peaceful. I do so love some vinyls.

So I ditched a nightstand and put my bed on the east facing wall, that's good fung shi right? Did I even spell that right?

I junked alot of well...junk and then cleaned out behind everything and set my room up with a nice walk flow. I do love it, compared with the mess it was before........
Now we'll see what The Man thinks......since I left the deer skulls on the wall (and worked them into the decor I think) I should get major points!
And since he's coming home with weekend, well I'm just plum happy peeps.