Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, August 12, 2007

She's Back!!!!

My heart has returned. What a tough week....Princess was gone to Science camp and I was beside myself all week. But man oh man do prayers get answered....what an independent confident little girl I picked up this morning! As promised I was one of the first cars at the gate this morning at 0:dark-thirty to pick her up! This was accomplished by driving everyone else in the house nuts so I could leave here on time....opps.

Since I couldn't bear to actually talk about my oldest and firstborn who left me for a week....till now, when she is actually home, snoring in her bed....Here you go! Science camp=



Dropping her off was great. Just me and her, I even took the whole day off work and away we went. We had a blast. It was the perfect beginning!


Camp was amazing. Very rustic yet gorgeous...till they told her she wasn't sleeping in the buildings, that her "tent" was out back, in the trees, with the animals....
She did not freak, much and went on to kiss me briskly and order me to leave, at once! Sniff.



So today was very exciting. I get there and whoa, my girl is one dirty little thing! Apparently they conserve water there, two showers in one week, whew! The Man actually thought this was freaking awesome, go figure. So here she is (above) giving Duchess the quick trip to the INDOOR potty....yeah cause there are alot of OUTDOOR ones too....no thank you, Duchess assured her. lol

The whole way home, The Man's response to everything was "well she's a mountain girl now" or "Well what do you expect, she is hard core now"....

Then we got introduced to the animals....the shown the lodge where they ate and after learning that Princess was in charge of assigning chores and capers, I came home and quickly posted a similar chart, yeah baby! She mops!

So I have my girl back. One who sang and cheered the entire way home, one who had a whole bag full of wet, dirty clothes, a sleeping bag that was way stinky, and a story about a squirrel that kept attaching the inside of their tent ( I was shown the teeth marks, very impressive little teeth Mr. Squirrel had...no camp for me!) and no ticks!

Sigh, I'm starting to recover, although I got my limit of hugs fairly quickly, I was told to "stop now, mom" geez.... Now, she wants to go to horseback riding camp for 2 WEEKS next summer, "Could you hurry up and sign me up please...before all the good tents get gone?" Sigh!