Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, March 12, 2009

Mommy "The Hammer:

I've been a big ole softie since The Man went to work in Texas. Well that ended last night. They are getting away with murder folks, they murdered my house, my car and dog pooh is taking over my yard. So I brought out the hammer.

We had us a come to Jesus last night about who was helping more around the house.....

Who was cleaning out their drawers and putting their clothes away properly. This includes making sure dirty clothes get into the basket. It's not cool when they have to sniff it to see if its clean. I have started tucking them in from the doorway, it's safer.

Who is stepping up with some of the odd chores, like bath the dog....this went over well, snort. They used 7 (count them 7) towels and took three tries to dry him completely. But it was a chore that got done while I was cooking dinner and folding laundry.

Who was now in charge of feeding the dog....and who takes so long to properly count out his food that the dog loses interest, note him in the background, he's given up on eating any time soon.

Then there's the matter of dog pooh.....cause my beautiful fence is in. Which means that it's dirt, and lately snow. But the sheer amount of dog pooh was killing me. I didn't have the heart to take a picture of them tag-teaming pooh. Duchess dragging around a huge trash bag, with gloves on. Princess with the scooper, grabber thing and a disguisted look on her face.
At least I had a few minutes to sit on the couch with my feet up and flip through the mail peacefully.......snicker.